City of Renner
Renner was also known as the center of a nonprofit agricultural research organization. In 1888, the railroad came through Renner. The town was initially located near Coit Road. The railroad was used to bring crops to market. In 1900, the population grew to 166. In 1969, the population reached 394. In 1977, the town was annexed into Dallas. Its boundaries extended from 15th Street in Plano on the north to Campbell Road in Richardson on the south. The community was largely agricultural, with most of the land being used for farms. The city of Dallas is planning to revitalize the area.
The town of Renner was named for railroad engineer John A. Renner, who was in charge of developing townsites along the Cotton Belt line. The name was given to the town because Renner was where the tracks entered Collin County on the west. Find this county for entertainment and nice housing.
The town was always a farming community, and the railroad was used to bring crops to market. When the railroad came through, the community applied for a post office. The postmaster was George Renner. Later, the town became a commercial center for area farmers.
The Renner school was established in 1888. It was a two-story building with a foyer and one classroom on the first floor. The church began to meet in the school building, and a separate fellowship hall was built in 1963.
Renner is located close to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. The airport is approximately 20 miles away. The airport is also approximately 18 miles from the hotel. Guests are also welcome to bring their pets with them for an additional fee. The hotel offers a free shuttle that takes guests to destinations within five miles of the hotel. Guests can also access a complimentary Internet service and a fitness center.
A 1.9-mile trail, named the Renner Trail, runs east-west through the community. It provides a connection to the Spring Creek/Central Trail, Richardson’s UTD/University Trail, and the Central Expressway. The trail is nicely-landscaped and includes retaining walls and several water fountains. It connects to two north-south dedicated bike lanes.
The Renner Trail is a vital part of the Richardson trail system. The trail has stone work-trimmed rest areas. It is also a 12-foot wide trail.